We care for a population of over one million people in Brent, Ealing,Harrow, and beyond, from three acute sites and several satellite locations in our communities:
- Northwick Park Hospital is home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A&E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country’s top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St. Mark’s Hospital, based on our Northwick Park site, is an internationally renowned specialist centre for colorectal disease
- Central Middlesex Hospital is our planned care site, which also offers a range of outpatient services and urgent care centre.
- Ealing Hospital is a busy and vibrant district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, including an emergency department and urgent care centre.
- Meadow House Hospice is in the grounds of Ealing Hospital, providing specialist end of life and palliative care to the people of Ealing and Hounslow.
- With our partners, we provide sexual health services to Brent, Ealing, Harrow, and Hillingdon.
In 2018-19, we...
…made changes to the way we care
- opened a three-bed unit for new born premature babies at Northwick Park Hospital, giving mothers the chance to bond with their new born babies
- introduced an initiative allowing people to be tested and treated for sexually transmitted infections in the privacy of their own homes
…were recognised as
- a European leader in robotic knee surgery and a training centre for visiting surgeons around the world at Central Middlesex Hospital
- a research active Trust with more than 5,000 patients taking part in clinical trials each year
- a heart failure day care unit at Ealing Hospital that aims to keep all but the most critically ill patients out of hospital
- a highly specialised vascular and interventional surgical centre at Northwick Park Hospital
- a new app in our emergency department for staff to hail a porter on their mobile phone
- bed days for some of our patients by enhancing physiotherapy at home, and helping patients to safely go home sooner
- Trust acquired grade 2 pressure ulcers by 50%
- the amount of time patients need to stay in hospital by an average of 5.9 days in our St. Mark’s Hospital surgical ward by refreshing our enhanced recovery care model using gold standard pathway redesign approach
Find out more about our performance and plans for the future in our latest annual report.